- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup canned solid 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12-16 1/2-cup muffin cups. Place raisins in small bowl. Pour enough boiling water over to cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain raisins. Whisk together eggs, oil, pumpkin, and sugar. Carefully fold in flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. DO NOT OVERMIX. Add raisins and nuts just until combined.
Divide batter among prepared cups. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if using. Bake until tester inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. About 25 minutes. Cool slightly on rack.
This recipe doubles easily and freezes well, too.