Shark Tank Alum, Kim Nelson, secured a big investment from Barbara Corcoran and went on to build a cake empire – over $3 million in cake sales. She’s a kind, hard working South Carolina leader whose enthusiasm is infectious. I have personally ordered, eaten and LOVED her gluten free carrot cake. It was amazing! Just as amazing are the powerful leadership lessons she shares about:
- How just asking got Daisy Cakes on the “Price is Right” TV show.
- The challenges of finding employees who have the same sense of ownership as you do.
- How focusing on a quality product has fueled her success.
- How focusing on strategic marketing has kept her in front of new customers.
- How being fair to her employees has helped keep turnover low.
- How to handle good employees who take too much “ownership” and become emotionally attached to their job.
Listen To The Podcast